About Piano Lessons & Classes
Students begin in shared or small group piano classes, which are perfect for friends, siblings, or a parent and child. Most students thrive in this shared lesson experience and prefer the social format, increasing student engagement, progress, and satisfaction.
Private piano lessons are usually reserved for my most advanced students.
Questions? Ready to enroll? Contact me, and let’s discuss!
About Simply Music Piano
Piano lessons are taught using the Simply Music Piano method, a revolutionary and engaging way to learn to play the piano!
In the same way that we all learn to speak years before we learn to read and write, Simply Music Piano temporarily delays music reading and immerses students in the experience of immediately playing great-sounding music.
Students are introduced to a variety of unique playing-based concepts that unfold directly onto the keyboard. The result of this is that students learn to play the piano quickly, easily and naturally. Once students are playing the piano comfortably and have a solid understanding of the keyboard, music reading is introduced. With this foundational knowledge and unique approach, students are set to become strong readers.
My students love being able to play the piano right away, from their very first lessons, which keeps them excited about learning and motivated to read music when they are ready. This is a far more natural approach than how piano has been traditionally taught!
What is your musical goal?
- Play exciting boogie-woogie licks
- Relax with flowy new-age pieces
- Get groovy with cool jazz
- Rock some modern music
- Impress friends with exciting movie and videogame themes
- Play gorgeous classical favorites
- Sing while you play your favorite folk, rock, and pop songs
- Create your own music through improvisation and composition
- Play along with singers and other musicians
- Jam with friends and family
- Perform in front of an audience, either solo or in a band
- Read written music, chord charts, and understand music theory
Using the Simply Music Piano method, students can learn all of the above musical skills to become solid, well-rounded musicians. And, yes, we can focus more heavily on your area of interest. When contacting me for lessons, let me know which of the above musical skill(s) you’re most interested in learning!
Why choose Simply Music Piano classes?
- Children: For ages 6+, Simply Music Piano is a wonderful way to introduce your children to music! Kids love that they are playing music that they can be proud of right away. Parents love witnessing their kids quick music acquisition and developing musicality. As a studio parent said, “Love it! Makes learning piano fun!”
- Tweens & Teens: This is an age when students want to jump right in and begin playing great-sounding music right away. The Simply Music Piano method is ideal for this age group, which may expect immediate gratification sooner than others.
- Adults: Adults love the Simply Music method! The Simply Music method provides adults with the gratification of learning quickly and playing great-sounding music right from the very first lessons. Adults frequently say, “I wish this method was available when I was a kid!“