Every human being, without exception, is deeply, naturally musical
My primary goal as a piano teacher is to foster a life-long love of music and to create an environment where learning piano is engaging and fun.
- Learn to play the piano as a natural self-expression
- Acquire a broad repertoire that includes classical, contemporary, blues, jazz, accompaniments, and more
- Develop a strong foundation in music reading and theory
- Have a positive, joyful relationship with the piano
About the Simply Music Piano Method
Lessons are taught using the Simply Music Piano method, a revolutionary and engaging way to learn to play the piano.
In the same way that we all learn to speak years before we learn to read and spell, Simply Music Piano temporarily delays music reading and immerses students in the experience of immediately playing great-sounding music. We do this so successful by introducing students to an array of unique playing-based concepts that unfold directly onto the keyboard. The result of this is that students quickly, easily and naturally are playing a solid foundation of 35 to 50 beautiful pieces, and this is typically acquired over the first year or so of lessons. Thereafter, our unique approach to music reading is introduced. We love that our students become strong readers and we love our unique approach of how we teach students to read. We also love the fact that we don’t introduce reading from the very beginning – it’s the future of music education, and it’s a far more natural approach.
For more information about the Simply Music Piano method, visit the Simply Music site.
Who is this program for?
- Children: This is a wonderful way to introduce your children to music. The program is best for children ages 6 and up.
- Teens: This is an age when students want to jump right in and begin playing great-sounding music right away. The Simply Music method is ideal for this age group, as students learn to play two-hands together from the first lesson.
- Adults: Adults love the Simply Music method! I’ve found it successful for:
- Adults who have always wanted to play
- Self-taught guitar players who are interested in learning piano and theory
- Adults who had traumatic early piano experiences
- Seniors: Simply Music is a wonderful method for seniors. The method’s quick music acquisition is satisfying and rewarding.
Interested? Contact me today, firstname.lastname@example.org, with questions or to set up a lesson time!