Piano classes for children ages 6+, tweens, teens, and adults are taught using the revolutionary Simply Music Piano method! See below for more information about Simply Music. 🎶
Lessons are taught in either a private lesson or shared class format. Now online lessons are available, both live private and shared lessons, including a new “flipped learning” video format option for those of you who would like more flexibility. For more information about online lessons, head to… Online Piano Lessons.
About Simply Music Piano
Piano lessons are taught using the Simply Music Piano method, a revolutionary and engaging way to learn to play the piano!
In the same way that we all learn to speak years before we learn to read and write, Simply Music Piano temporarily delays music reading and immerses students in the experience of immediately playing great-sounding music.
Students are introduced to a variety of unique playing-based concepts that unfold directly onto the keyboard. The result of this is that students learn to play the piano quickly, easily and naturally. Once students are playing the piano comfortably and have a solid understanding of the keyboard, music reading is introduced. With this foundational knowledge and unique approach, students are set to become strong readers.
My students love being able to play the piano right away, from their very first lessons, which keeps them excited about learning and motivated to read music when they are ready. This is a far more natural approach than how piano has been traditionally taught!
Just imagine your child (or you!)…
- Playing exciting boogie-woogie licks
- Relaxing with flowy new-age pieces
- Getting groovy with cool jazz
- Rocking some modern music
- Impressing friends with exciting movie and videogame themes
- Playing gorgeous classical favorites
- Singing while playing your favorite folk, rock, and pop songs
- Creating original music
- Playing along with singers and other musicians
- Jamming with friends and family
- Performing in front of an audience, either solo or with friends
- Reading written music, chord charts, and understand music theory
Using the Simply Music Piano method, students learn the above musical skills to become solid, well-rounded musicians. And, yes, we will definitely focus more heavily on your area of interest. When contacting me for lessons, let me know which of the above musical skill(s) you’re most interested in learning!
Why choose Simply Music Piano classes?
- Children: For ages 7+, Simply Music Piano is a wonderful way to introduce your children to music! Kids love that they are playing music that they can be proud of right away. Parents love witnessing their kids quick music acquisition and developing musicality. As a studio parent said, “Love it! Makes learning piano fun!”
- Tweens & Teens: This is an age when students want to jump right in and begin playing great-sounding music right away. The Simply Music Piano method is ideal for this age group, which may expect immediate gratification sooner than others.
- Adults: Adults love the Simply Music method! The Simply Music method provides adults with the gratification of learning quickly and playing great-sounding music right from the very first lessons. Adults frequently say, “I wish this method was available when I was a kid!“
Piano for Younger Kids – Ages 4-6
Simply Music Piano is best for children ages 7 and up, but some children may be ready for the program when they are 5 or 6. I generally begin students younger than age seven with the beautiful Play-a-Story piano program, or I begin them with a modified program, combining both Simply Music and Play-a-Story. For more information, see Piano for Kids.