What are your musical goals?
- Play exciting boogie-woogie licks?
- Get groovy with cool jazz?
- Rock some modern music?
- Relax with flowy new-age pieces?
- Impress friends with exciting movie and videogame themes?
- Play gorgeous classical favorites?
- Sing while you play your favorite folk, rock, and pop songs?
- Create your own music through improvisation and composition?
- Play along with singers and other musicians?
- Jam with friends and family?
- Perform in front of an audience, either solo or in a band?
- Read written music, chord charts, and understand music theory?
- All of the above?
Let me know! These are just some of the skills students learn in my studio. My goal is for students to feel successful and have a sense of pride in their musicianship, and, along the way, develop music as a life-long companion.
Using the Simply Music Piano method, students will learn all of the above musical skills to become solid, well-rounded musicians. And, yes, classes may be tailored to meet your specific interests! If you’d like to learn more about the Simply Music program, please see the “About the Simply Music Piano Method” section lower on this page.
About Piano Classes & Lessons
Classes range in size from two students in shared lessons (great for friends, siblings, or a parent and child!) to groups of six. Students in shared and group classes progress just as quickly as those in private, and learning in a group is more fun! That’s a win-win! Private piano lessons are available, but openings are limited and are usually reserved for my more advanced students.
Questions? Contact me, and let’s discuss!
About Simply Music Piano
Piano lessons are taught using the Simply Music Piano method, a revolutionary and engaging way to learn to play the piano.
In the same way that we all learn to speak years before we learn to read and write, Simply Music Piano temporarily delays music reading and immerses students in the experience of immediately playing great-sounding music. Students are introduced to a variety of unique playing-based concepts that unfold directly onto the keyboard. The result of this is that students learn to play the piano quickly, easily and naturally. Once students are playing the piano comfortably and have a solid understanding of the keyboard, music reading is introduced. With this foundational knowledge and unique approach, students are set to become strong readers. My students love being able to play the piano right away, from their very first lessons, which keeps them engaged and motivated to learn to read music when they are ready. This is a far more natural approach than how piano has been traditionally taught!
Who is this program for?
- Children: This is a wonderful way to introduce your children to music! Many children are turned off to learning an instrument when note reading is prioritized over playing, making learning slow and tedious. Most kids just want to play! The Simply Music method solves this problem by getting kids playing music right from the beginning. However, Simply Music is best for children ages 7 and up. For children ages 4-7, please check out my fun Music Classes for Young Children.
- Teens: This is an age when students want to jump right in and begin playing great-sounding music right away. The Simply Music method is ideal for this age group, which may expect immediate gratification sooner than others.
- Adults: Adults love the Simply Music method! The Simply Music method provides adults with the gratification of learning quickly and playing great-sounding music right from the very first lessons. Adults frequently say, “I wish this method was available when I was a kid!”
- Seniors: Simply Music is a wonderful method for seniors. The method’s quick music acquisition is satisfying and rewarding.