What are your musical goals?
- Play exciting boogie-woogie licks?
- Get groovy with cool jazz?
- Rock some modern music?
- Relax with flowy new-age pieces?
- Impress friends with exciting movie and videogame themes?
- Play gorgeous classical favorites?
- Sing while you play your favorite folk, rock, and pop songs?
- Create your own music through improvisation and composition?
- Accompany singers and other musicians?
- Jam with friends and family?
- Perform in front of an audience, either solo or in a band?
- Read written music, chord charts, and understand music theory?
Let me know! The piano is so versatile, and students are unique! These are just some of the skills students learn in my studio. My goal is for students to feel successful and have a sense of pride in their musicianship, and, along the way, develop music as a life-long companion.
Ready to get started? REGISTER HERE.
Have questions? Contact me, and let’s discuss.
About the Simply Music Piano Method
Lessons are taught using the Simply Music Piano method, a revolutionary and engaging way to learn to play the piano.
In the same way that we all learn to speak years before we learn to read and spell, Simply Music Piano temporarily delays music reading and immerses students in the experience of immediately playing great-sounding music. We do this so successful by introducing students to an array of unique playing-based concepts that unfold directly onto the keyboard. The result of this is that students quickly, easily and naturally are playing a solid foundation of 35 to 50 beautiful pieces, and this is typically acquired over the first year or so of lessons. Thereafter, our unique approach to music reading is introduced. We love that our students become strong readers and we love our unique approach of how we teach students to read. We also love the fact that we don’t introduce reading from the very beginning – it’s the future of music education, and it’s a far more natural approach.
For more information about the Simply Music Piano method, visit the Simply Music site.
Who is this program for?
- Children: This is a wonderful way to introduce your children to music! Many children are turned off to learning an instrument when note reading is prioritized over playing, making learning slow and tedious. Most kids just want to play! The Simply Music method solves this problem by getting kids playing music right from the beginning. However, Simply Music is best for children ages 7 and up. For children under age seven, please check out my Piano Classes for Young Children.
- Teens: This is an age when students want to jump right in and begin playing great-sounding music right away. The Simply Music method is ideal for this age group, which may expect immediate gratification sooner than others.
- Adults: Adults love the Simply Music method! The Simply Music method provides adults with the gratification of learning quickly and playing great-sounding music right from the very first lessons. Adults frequently say, “I wish this method was available when I was a kid!”
- Seniors: Simply Music is a wonderful method for seniors. The method’s quick music acquisition is satisfying and rewarding.